Hola mi gente, Happy Friday and welcome to the weekend, the best time of EVERYONE’s life! With the season change quickly approaching, not only do you need to ensure your shoe game is on point, but your face game needs to be as well.
As previously mentioned, Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of the year and as much as I love shoes, I J’ADORE great makeup, especially LIPSTICK. My girl Elizabeth Taylor said it best “Put on some lipstick and pull yourself together” ~ no truer words have ever been spoken.
So let me help you get ready with some of my top beauty picks for….
I’m not super into putting loads of makeup on my face so I keep things real simple. What I can’t wait to try though is…
- Nars’ Tinted Moisturizer in Martinique – I’ve used this a few times in lieu of foundation, but have never owned it. Considering I have pretty sensitive skin, it also didn’t break me out, which is key.
- Becca Lowlight Sculpting Contour – Becca makes a great product. I’ve previously tried their foundation for a red carpet event and loved it. This bronzer has a cream like consistency which is great for layering and adding depth to blush color. I would like to maintain my glow all winter long so this is a must.
- Dr. Perricone No Blush Blush – I’m a sucker for aesthetics and was immediately attracted to the design, I won’t lie. But second, this SPF 30 touting blush was created to self-adjust to your skin to create the perfect glow. I meannnnn come on who doesn’t want that!
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush – This says it all, cheek rush. Blush is one of my most favorite makeup products and I need to get my hands on this product. Available in 4 colors the blush is a cellophane-sheer gel which allows for perfect blending.
I am a mascara and liner girl to the core. No shadow needed, just a great lash and a great line. Luckily, there is ALWAYS a surplus of products on the market to try for your eyes and here are a few I am gawking at….
- Bobbi Brown Sand Eye Palette – if I choose to wear eyeshadow, I keep it very neutral with subtle pops of gold (I have yellow undertones) to widen my lid area. This palette is a one-stop-shop for all my neutral color needs and that deep metallic gold in the corner – divineeeeee.
- Guerlain Liquid Eyeliner – It’s Guerlain! I don’t think I need to say much more than that. Check out that bottle and how pigmented the black liquid looks even in this small picture. Need it. Gotta have it.
- Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil – One of the biggest trends for fall is color liner, but that’s no new news for me. I love a good green or navy blue liner, for brown eyes it makes the color pop. Looking forward to purchasing this beauty booty for my bag.
- Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash – Since his line has hit the scene, I have to say I haven’t been that impressed, BUT this here mascara…well this might be the bait to catch me.
- Lancome Grandiose Wide Angle Fan Effect Mascara – I need to test this out. The angle makes me feel as if I’ll be batting my lashes all through the day and night.
Now we could be here all day and night choosing my favorite lipstick options. There’s really just no end to it. I love it, I love it, I love a great lip and I’ll do anything to have all the lipsticks my pretty little heart desires. I’m BEYOND ready to slather these on ASAP…
- Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll in Fuschia- Available in 4 colors this lip and cheek duo goes on like a gloss and dries down to a matte finish.
- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cassis- Completely in LOVE with this product line and need this in my life.
- Surratt Automatique Lip Crayon in Red – Makeup artist to the stars, Troy Surratt created a luscious line available at Barney’s for the woman of chic sophistication.
- Sephora Lustre Matte Long Wear in Nude Pink – Sephora brand liquid lipstick is a must! Had to borrow a friends once and was immediately sold on it.
- Lipstick Queen in Velvet Rope – No explanation needed here. I need this simply because I am!
- Make Up For Ever in Satin Black – I’m daring to dare this Fall and will be sporting this black lip at some point, some place, somewhere…don’t believe me just watch!
- Serge Lutens Water Lip Color in Indian Ink – available at Barneys this luscious lip stain is promising to provide moisture and a dewy look. Can’t wait to try.
- Kevyn Aucoin Lipgloss in Blood Roses – The makeup genius continues to live on through the selection of his products available at exclusive retailers like Barneys. Filled with vitamins and oils this gloss is sure to provide moisture and shine at the same damn time.
And last, but most certainly not least, nail polish. Next to shoes and lipstick, nail polish is best thing in the world. I would know considering I quit my job a few years back to launch my own line. It didn’t happen, but I learned a great deal, I digress. My nails will be poppin’ this fall per usual and I plan to ensure that is the case with following color selections…
- Louboutin Red – I want this just because of the bottle. Heard its pretty good, but $50 for polish makes me have ‘big eyes’.
- TenoverTen – Heard this brand was great and have my eyes set on Orchard a cranberry red and Church *wink* a rich bordeaux – my fave.
- RGB – If you need to play it safe with color, your nails are the best place to be wild and free. So try RGB’s Peacock polish and take some risk!
- Sephora Formula X – Definitely need to keep black polish handy. And there’s something very mysterious yet sophisticated about Formula X’s Dark Matter in Patent Leather Black. #jadore
- Deborah Lippmann – Appropriately named Autumn in New York, this metallic gold can carry you through the New Year.
- OPI Lincoln Park After Dark and Essie Wicked – Fall staples. We all have em, we all love ’em and we all buy ’em every season. With. Out. Fail.
Well kiddies, c’est ca for now. Check back next week for top Fall Beauty trends and of course more and more shoes.